Friday, January 7, 2011

around the studio...

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

i have been looking at so many interior design blogs my head is spinning. one thing i feel is missing from these images is a little bit of messyness. yup thats right a little bit of sloppy land pile fun. cluster and clumps of color. an over abundance of colors and things. i think this stuff does it for me because, well, i am an artist after all. and so, in my process of seeking inspiration to rev up my home space i started reviewing some older photos i took of the studio. the images of the confetti and streamers are the work of the very talented, lovely and my fellow studio mate and calartian miss astri swendsrud. her formalized use of party materials always inspires me to rethink the "stuff" around us. sometimes i get so hooked on needing a particular chair in my space, when really all i need is some foil in a frame with a dash of paint. thats ticket!

2 comments:

  1. what a cool project!!!

    how patient are you! i think i would have spilled my tea all over it by now....

    love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photos - good luck on your project, hope it doesn't take too long.

    Ellen at The Raven and the Cellar Door

    ReplyDelete